When the beach is out of reach, Wave House® is the place to experience the essence of the Southern California beach lifestyle. Wave House® offers an authentic experience for boarders and casual guests alike. Come enjoy our waves, food, sun and sand – anywhere in the world.
Wave House is an entertainment venue concept that epitomizes the surfing lifestyle: sand, music, sunshine, sunsets, barbecue and spirits, overlooking a man-made beach environment. Wave House is a first mover and world leader in the integration of the surf lifestyle with its affiliated companies’ Wave Loch® and Surf Loch™ pioneering artificial wave technology. The surf culture, the feel of the beach and the rhythms of the current generation provide Wave House venues a vibrant, timeless energy. The wave attractions and the lifestyle experience bring people to the venues. The revenues generated from multiple restaurants, corporate and group gatherings, special events such as competitions and live music, the boardsport oriented retail and sponsorship opportunities make Wave House a viable, sustainable business model.
Wave House has these open venues:
- Wave House San Diego, California, USA is part of Belmont Park, a 7-acre beach front entertainment complex.
- Wave House Santiago, Chile is the outdoor entertainment anchor to Mall Sport, a 100,000 square foot sport-oriented retail development.
- Wave House Sentosa, Singapore is on Siloso Beach, and is part of the resort island of Sentosa.
- Wave House Mallorca, Spain is on Magaluff Beach, is part of the resort island of Mallorca, and includes a hotel.
- Wave House Chongqing, China is opening Fall 2016, and is part of a destination shopping center complex.
- Wave House Changchun, China is opening in late 2017, and is part of a destination shopping center complex.
Wave Loch is a technology company built on the enduring pillars of the beach culture and the surf lifestyle. Founded in 1991 by Wave House founder Tom Lochtefeld, and now the world leader in human generated wave technology, Wave Loch has more than 200 FlowRider® and FlowBarrel® sheet-wave attractions installed around the world in water parks, hotels, retail malls, cruise lines and elsewhere. Based on proprietary intellectual property, Wave Loch attractions are thrilling, safe and appealing to both the participant board rider and profit driven clients alike. Wave Loch creates an authentic lifestyle expression through its technology, providing clients a long-lived return on investment that exceeds the revenue generated from the ride itself.
Surf Loch™ is a technology company also founded by Wave House CEO Tom Lochtefeld, offering a new kind of surfing wave pool that immediately absorbs excess wave energy and allows many waves per minute, and not minutes per wave as seen in other surf pool attractions. SurfLoch WaveSystems™ innovative surf pool designs offer: consistent, quality waves with unprecedented frequency in the smallest physical footprint, and with the greatest energy efficiency. While the few surfing wave pools in existence have struggled to make ends meet, our sister company, Surf Loch, has dedicated over 10 years to the development and refinement of its proprietary technology to make what was once infeasible, now financially viable and ready to deploy. Available in a variety of designs to match your business model and customer base, and available in three aquatic systems: pool, lake and lagoon. Learn more HERE about this amazing new entertainment sensation! Read and view a case study showing a fascinating SurfLoch SurfPool™ transformation of a town center in the Netherlands.
KEY ELEMENTS OF WAVE HOUSE® SUCCESS
Wave House is an Enduring Brand
- Creates emotional connection through sport, music and lifestyle
- Takes an iconic coastal sport to inland destinations
- Builds strong brand equity geographically through regional grouping strategy and commercially through Internet driven social networking and strategic retail partnerships (sponsorships, media, cross-marketing)
- Viewing of wave attractions provides customer hang time factor leading to increased food & beverage sales
- Reaches across multiple demographics from young children to teens, parents and Boomers
Multiple Revenue Streams
- Sales of Wave Loch and Surf Loch wave attractions are global and across multiple market segments
- Wave House venues generate revenues from food & beverage, waves, music, special events, and retail via tourists, locals and corporate guests
- Two distinct but related business units offer brand extension and a revenue hedge
Wave Loch and Surf Loch Proprietary Technology
- Wave Loch and Surf Loch have exclusive global rights to their respective patented wave technologies
- Wave Loch created the artificial surfing wave attraction market with the FlowRider® and is the world’s artificial wave technology leader
- Wave House has exclusive use of the WaveLoch FlowBarrel® and SurfLoch WaveSystems™ attractions at its venues
Network Marketing Strategy
- Wave Loch retains all media, third party sponsorship, television, motion picture and Internet rights on all FlowRider® attractions sold
- Surf Loch retains all media, third party sponsorship, television, motion picture and Internet rights on all SurfLoch WaveSystems™ attractions sold
- Wave Loch and Surf Loch’s retention of media rights allows for a global partnership with multi-national sponsors
Wave House is a Highly Scalable Business
- Wave House has developed an iconic brand and compelling prototype venue that is easily adaptable to local geographic, cultural and operational differences through cuisine, music tastes, climate, and more
- Wave Loch, through innovative wave attraction technologies that appeal to numerous entertainment venues, established the global sport of Flowboarding
- Surf Loch, offering a scalable, variable, ocean-quality surfing wave in a financially viable business model, is poised to provide Olympic-class surf training pools for the Olympics, as well as all-level surf pools suitable for water parks, municipalities, shopping malls, resorts, and surf parks
Strong Management Team
- Passionate and multi-talented Founder with strong recognition in the surfing arena
- Experienced and committed management and engineering team with substantial prior experience in their respective business lines